Elengy is a subsidiary of GRTgaz within the ENGIE Group.
The company has two subsidiaries:
- Elengy Hub & Expertise, a wholly owned subsidiary of Elengy, manages the transhipment business, which is not regulated.
- Fosmax LNG - a subsidiary in which Elengy holds more than 70% of the shares, alongside Total, which holds an interest via its subsidiary TGEHF (Total Gaz Electricité Holding France) - owns the Fos Cavaou LNG terminal.
To steer these companies and define the strategic orientations enabling them to build tomorrow, the company has a Board of Directors for governance matters.
Elengy's Board of Directors has various duties:
- It examine and considers the strategic, economic, financial and technological direction taken by the company, while overseeing the implementation of its public service duties.
- It monitors the budget and Elengy's financing and investment policy.
It consists of three committees which prepare the Board's work and decisions on those areas for which they are competent: the Investment Committee, the Audit and Finance Committee, and the Compensation Committee.
The Board of Directors has 12 members:
- Mr. Jacques Blein, permanent representative of Sperans, director
- Ms Nathalie Bussy, director representing the employees
- Ms. Raphaëlle Castillon, permanent representative of Sopranor, director
- Ms Laurence Delaire, permanent representative of Clerival, director
- Mr. Jean-Claude Depail, director
- Mr. Frederic Germain, director representing the employees
- Mr. Marc Haestier, director and chairman of the board of directors
- Mr. Jean-François Lechat, permanent representative of GRTgaz Développement
- Mr. Philippe Lepage, director representing the employees
- Mr. Daniel Thébert, permanent representative of SIG
- Mr. Patrick Pelle, director
- Mr. Jean Syrota, director
Elengy was established on December 31, 2008.