In 2019, Elengy and its subsidiary Fosmax LNG reported record activity exceeding the very good figures of 2018 :
• 250 vessels berthed at our terminals, 35 more than 2018,
• 158 TWh of natural gas delivered to the network, an overall increase of 49% compared to 2018,
• 21 LNG transshipment operations (berth to berth) and 7 reloading of standard LNG carriers (from shore to vessel),
• 8 648 LNG trucks loaded, an increase of 48% over 2018.
In 2019, the Montoir-de-Bretagne LNG terminal reached new records:
• 130 vessels berthed (106 in 2018): 84 unloading operations, 1 ship reloading operations, 21 LNG transshipments and 3 other operations.
• 82.7 TWh of natural gas delivered to the network, an increase of 104% compared to 2018,
• 2 289 trucks loaded with LNG.
At Fos-sur-Mer on the Mediterranean coast, for Fos Cavaou and Fos Tonkin LNG terminals, 2019 figures comprised:
• 120 vessels berthed: 114 unloading operations (99 in 2018), 6 ship reloading operations,
• around 75.5 TWh of natural gas delivered to the network, an increase of 15% compared to 2018,
• 6 359 trucks loaded, an increase of 83% compared to 2018.
In order to support the high demand, Elengy commissioned a loading station in Fos Cavaou in the autumn, with two loading bays.
Pioneering the LNG industry and terminal operator since 1965, Elengy has completed 9 805 unloading of LNG vessels. This represents around 10% of all LNG shipments ever delivered around the world since the start of the LNG industry.
This represents a total amount of 315 million tonnes of LNG from 15 different countries.
Since 1965, 261 different LNG carriers, more than one third of the world's fleet, have berthed at one of Elengy’s sites!
In December 2019, Elengy reached 10 000 calls at its terminals, all type of operations combined.
The LNG truck loading continues to growth strongly. The commissioning of a loading station with two bays at Fos Cavaou permit to increase the capacity already available at the Montoir-de-Bretagne and Fos Tonkin terminals.
In September 2019, Elengy loaded its 20 000th LNG truck since the service was launched in 2013.
These exceptional results illustrate the sustained level of activity in the global LNG market and Elengy's ability to meet its customers' expectations even more effectively.