2018 was a record year for Elengy and its subsidiary Fosmax LNG:
• 215 vessels berthed at our terminals,
• 106 TWh of natural gas delivered to the network, an overall increase of 13 % compared to 2017,
• 21 LNG transshipment operations (berth to berth) and 19 reloading of standard LNG carriers (from shore to vessel),
• 5 843 trucks loaded, an increase of 50 % on 2017.
The 2018 figures for the Montoir-de-Bretagne LNG terminal, a key LNG hub in Northwest Europe, represented:
• 106 vessels berthed: 52 unloading operations, 11 ship reloading operations, 21 LNG transshipments,
• 40.6 TWh of natural gas delivered to the network,
• 2 370 trucks loaded with LNG.
The terminal broke several records by completing three LNG transshipments in seven days in August, then received fifteen LNG carriers in September with six LNG transshipments, two unloading operations and one ship reloading.
At Fos-sur-Mer on the Mediterranean coast, for Fos Cavaou and Fos Tonkin LNG terminals, 2018 figures comprise:
• 109 vessels berthed: 99 unloading operations, 8 ship reloading operations,
• 65.6 TWh of natural gas delivered to the network,
• 3 473 trucks loaded.
Pioneering the LNG industry and terminal operator since 1965, Elengy celebrated the 9600th unloading of LNG cargo on its sites. This represents around 10 % of all LNG delivered around the world since this industry was established.
These 9600 cargoes represent a total quantity of over 300 million tonnes of LNG from 15 different countries.
Elengy set a new record in December 2018 with the arrival of the 220th different LNG tanker to berth at one of its terminals. This represents over a third of all LNG tankers ever built, from the first ship with a capacity of 25 500 m3 (the Jules Verne) up to the largest supertankers in the world (Q-Max, 267 000 m3).
The LNG truck loading service first started in Montoir-de-Bretagne in 2013 and a year later in Fos-sur-Mer. It has reported significant growth since then. The LNG they carry is used to supply isolated industrial sites or as cleaner fuel for road or sea transport.
These results illustrate the sustained level of activity by our customers, who have taken advantage of the competitive and innovative services delivered by Elengy and its subsidiary Fosmax LNG.