The safety of our personnel, facilities and environment is a core priority.
Since 1998, Elengy has adopted an internationally recognised system, DNV GL's ISRS8© (International Safety Rating System). Use of this system provides access to the best industrial safety practices and ensures regular external monitoring of our organisation and performance in terms of safety. In 2009, Montoir-de-Bretagne was the first French site to achieve ISRS8© level 7 rating. In 2011, our Fos Tonkin terminal achieved the same rating. In 2014, the ISRS8© performed by DNV confirmed Montoir-de-Bretagne's level 7 rating.
Our safety rules are guided by the following principles:
- Identify, predict and reduce risks at source,
- Comply with the regulations and ensure the corresponding regulatory watch,
- Implement organisational structures and technical systems that are reactive and adapted to potential unexpected events,
- Ensure continuous monitoring of installations and organisational structures,
- Detect and handle any deviations related to operation of facilities or organisational structures,
- Communicate in a transparent manner, promoting exchange with stakeholders.
Safety of people
Elengy undertakes to protect the safety and security of both its own personnel and outside service-providers. Some Golden Rules underpin our hazard identification and risk control processes. These rules require our personnel and the employees of partner companies to demonstrate a full commitment to safety - our number 1 priority - at all times.
Elengy works with a prevention body - the MASE (Manuel d'amélioration Sécurité des Entreprises - Enterprise Safety Improvement Manual) – to develop safety management programmes aimed at the companies operating at our sites.
These programmes, which our service-providers and partners are encouraged to adhere to, guarantee an optimum level of safety for all parties.